The Africa Women of Faith Network (AWFN)is a network of ACRL-RfP and was launched in January 2003 as the continental expression of the Global Women of Faith Network – Religions for Peace. The network is a platform for women of faith in Africa to engage and participate in advocacy and initiatives as influential decision makers and also advance the objectives of the Council within faith communities.
AWFN Executive Committee
Co – Chairs
- Agatha Chikelue – Nigeria ( Christian Catholic )
- Saydoon Sayed – South Africa ( Muslim)
- Hellen Muchogu – East Africa
- Theresa Bimba – Central Africa
- Sophia Nthenda – Southern Africa
- Marion Gendron – Indian Ocean Islands
- Madam Cisse Mariama Sow – West Africa
AWFN Resolutions at the 3rdGeneral Assembly
The following are the resolutions of the conference –
- Elimination of extreme poverty
- Eradication of violence against vulnerable men, women, girls, boys.
- Transforming Conflict and preach build peace.
- Work with faith communities to deal with current health challenges such as HIV/AIDS, Ebola, Malaria etc
- Advocate for protection of the Earth and address climate change.